Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 7- Presentation

For two years I have been photographing my father, sister and two brothers as they cope with my mother's depression. Not once in those two years have I ever thought about nature, nor did I think that I would ever actually address anything pertaining to nature within the images. However after reading the Edward O. Winston and Stephen R Kellert articles on Biophilia my whole notion of what nature is shifted. What I have realized is that this whole time I have been photographing my families relationship to nature without even knowing it. For my presentation I will discuss my work as it relates to the biophilia hypothesis. 

While gathering research  for this presentation I came across some great books/articles on biophilia and mental health which I was very excited about because of my personal interest in mental illness. These findings have lead me to want to explore the relationship between biophilia and mental illness for my final paper. 

I don't want to give away my presentation, but here are some of the photographs I will be discussing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment